Where We Are Going
When supporting an organization, we understand that you want to know exactly what you are buying into. With that in mind, here is an overview of the progress we have made at Wild Roots, as well as the visions we will achieve.
Small Seeds: July 2021 - July 2022
- We established the first worker-owned, cooperative learning community in Texas/the south.
- We served over 25 families
- We had a successful North Texas Giving Day campaign and raised 5,000.00
- We engaged our community in 16 flying squads around the DFW area, offered 22 days at our learning hub, and 7 days providing a teens-only maker space.
- We organized multiple community service projects that included collecting donations for a local food pantry, volunteering at an animal rescue, and cleaning up a local park.
- We created a collaborative space for young people and adults to work, create, and inspire together.
Establishing Roots: July 2022 - May 2023
- We found a home base rental facility where we meet two days a week to grow Wild Roots Learning Community.
- We met consistently as a learning community on Mondays and Wednesdays from September 2022-May 2023.
- We welcomed 23 learners.
- We welcomed 3 new facilitators to our community., giving us a ratio of 1 facilitator for every 4 learners.
- We received our first $10,000 grant from VELA Education Fund.
- We ran another successful North Texas Giving Day Campaign, raising over 7,5000.00
Strong Roots: Goals Within The Next 2 Years
- Have a permanent building for our learning community.
- Run a full 5-day program.
- Hire 4 more facilitators full-time.
- Welcome in at least 20 more families and their learners.
- Have a community maker space.
- Set up multiple service projects within DFW that are connected to like-minded organizations
- Create a co-working space for parents of our learners in order for them to share passions and resources.
- Have a library of things.
- Be able to fully financially value those within our community who contribute to the daily tasks of our learning center.
- Offer more care and resources to those in our community who are neurodiverse as well as disabled.
Big Trees: Goals Within The Next 5 Years
- Have a living library (stories from people within our community and beyond).
- Set up a collaborative community trip in order to observe and immerse ourselves in different cultures and environments.
- Have a native plant nursery in order to connect to the natural world around us.
- Have a garden to provide food for our community.
- Have an industrial kitchen that is dedicated to providing free meals to those in need.
- Be able to offer free mental health services to those in need within the community.
- Be able to have diverse resources and financial support for those who have specific learning needs, such as speech, OT, dyslexia, sensory processing, etc.